If you are considering abortion, or have already had an abortion, your call to All-Options can help you get the support you need. It is important to know that you are not alone. More than one million abortions are performed every year in the U.S., and people who have abortions come from every state, age group, political party, religion, race, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Whatever your story, our All-Options Talkline is here to listen and support you — before, during, and after your abortion experience. 1-888-493-0092.
Finding an Abortion Provider:
- Abortion Care Network: network of independent abortion providers
- National Abortion Federation: the NAF website offers maps that allow you to highlight clinics in your area, while the NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 provides referrals to member clinics in the U.S. and Canada (no funding assistance on this line).
- Planned Parenthood (look for clinics that list ‘abortion services’ among the services they offer)
- Abortion Clinics Online: lists abortion clinics in your area.
- National Network of Abortion Funds: The Network can help people who need financial assistance to obtain an abortion by connecting you to abortion funds in your area, and providing information about using Medicaid or insurance.
- National Abortion Federation offers unbiased information about abortion and financial assistance. Call toll-free 1-800-772-9100 (this is a different number than the one for referrals).
- Abortion: Which Method Is Right For Me?: Provides information for people choosing between medication and aspiration abortion.
- If/When/How Helpline: If you have questions about your legal rights and self-managed abortion care, contact the If/When/How legal team.
Abortion Stories & Experiences:
- The Abortion Diary Podcast is a collection of abortion stories, recorded as podcasts and told by the person who had the abortion in their own words. Listen to stories or share your own!
- Project Voice hopes to establish a resource of sharing and support, and convey that abortion is a choice many women have made, and continue to make, for a variety of reasons.
- The 1 in 3 campaign is a grassroots movement to start a new conversation about abortion — telling our stories, on our own terms.
- Ending a Wanted Pregnancy offers support for parents ending a pregnancy after prenatal or maternal medical diagnosis.
- We Testify is a project of the National Network of Abortion Funds and is dedicated to increasing the spectrum of abortion storytellers in the public sphere and shifting the way the media understands the context and complexity of accessing abortion care.
- So, I had an abortion… provides a safe space for people to share their stories in an effort to motivate others to talk about abortions freely, without fear or stigma.
- ANSIRH: Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health is a collaborative research group at the University of California, San Francisco that conducts innovative, rigorous, multidisciplinary research on complex issues related to people’s sexual and reproductive lives.
- Guttmacher Institute: The Guttmacher Institute is a primary source for research and policy analysis on abortion in the United States.
- Ibis Reproductive Health: Ibis drives change through bold, rigorous research and principled partnerships that advance sexual and reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide.