Angry about the state of reproductive health, rights, and justice, and looking for a way to make a difference? Channel your outrage into advocacy with the new All-Options Activist Squad!
As part of our Activist Squad, we’ll keep you in the loop about opportunities to fight for all-options issues — from access to abortion care, to ending diaper need, to securing paid family leave, and more. Join our email list to make sure you’re connected as we get rolling! If you’re already on our list, watch your inbox for more info and opportunities to take action!
Here are some of the policies we’re watching right now in Indiana’s 2019 General Assembly –
- HB 1211 would ban the most common and safe procedure for second trimester abortions. The bill passed committee and is moving to the House Chamber for discussion. Call your Representative at 317-232-9600 and tell them, “HB1211 would ban the most common method of second-trimester abortion, essentially prohibiting a safe, legal procedure in Indiana. I urge you to vote NO on this bill if it comes before you for a vote.”
- SB 201 would allow health care workers (defined broadly) to withhold information, referrals, and abortion care from their patients based on the provider’s personal beliefs. Call your Senator at 317-232-9400 and tell them, “SB201 gives health care workers a right to discriminate against their patients. I urge you to vote NO on this bill if it comes before you for a vote.”
- SB 589 outlines a proactive vision for reproductive rights in Indiana, and All-Options is proud to be promoting it alongside Planned Parenthood, Younger Women’s Task Force of Greater Lafayette, Whole Women’s Health Alliance, and Pro-Choice South Bend. Let’s get this bill a hearing! Call your Senator at 317-232-9400 and tell them, “SB589 lays out a vision for reproductive freedom in our state. Can you urge your colleague, Sen. Head, to give this bill a hearing in his committee?”
- HB 1289 would eliminate sales tax for diapers – stay tuned for more info on how to support this bill!
- HB 1302 would establish paid family and medical leave.
- HB 1073 would prohibit pregnancy discrimination and require workplace accommodations for pregnant people.
- SB 440 would increase TANF eligibility and benefits for families living in poverty.
To support these proactive bills for paid family leave, better TANF benefits, and workplace protections for pregnant people, consider sharing your story or your signature with the Indiana Institute for Working Families!
Not sure who represents you in the Indiana General Assembly? Find your legislators with this online tool!